Clear AOL footprints
While enhancing browsing experiences, AOL footprints could show the records of the websites you visited, information you entered on websites, items you searched and therefore could be a privacy issue if you are using a shared computer and do not want other users to know about the websites that you visited. AOL footprints stored on your computer could slow your browser and computer performance.
Why you should clear AOL footprintsIn order to protect your privacy and improve your computer performance, you should clear 'My Footprints' in AOL Explorer regularly.
Clear My Footprints AOL Explorer: Clear all Footprints in AOL browser
What footprints are stored by AOL Explorer?As you browse the web, in order to improve your browsing experience AOL stores the following footprints on your computer:
Browsing history - a list of web sites saved in the history side panel.
Cookies - files stored on your computer that may be used by websites that placed them to track your visits, remember your password, etc.
Cache - files kept on your computer to accelerate download times.
Blocked Pop-up list - a list of pop-up windows that have been blocked.
Thumbnails - thumbnail view of web pages that you have visited.
Recent Searches - a list of search items in AOL Explorer's search field
What do I do to clear all footprints in AOL Explorer (AOL browser)?To clear all footprints in AOL Explorer (AOL browser):
1. In AOL Browser window, select Security and then Clear My Footprints.
2. Click the Clear Footprints button. This will clear 'Selected Footprints.'
You can easily change the list of AOL footprints you want to clear using the 'Select Footprints to Clear' option.
What do I do to clear specific footprints in AOL Explorer (AOL browser)?In AOL Explorer you can easily select to keep some footprints and clear other footprints.
To clear specific footprints in AOL Explorer (AOL browser):
1. In AOL Browser window, select Security and then Select Footprints to Clear.
2. Click the boxes next to the footprints you want to clear.
3. Click the Clear Selected Footprints button and click OK.
What do I do to clear footprints from the 'History' panel in AOL Explorer (AOL browser)?To clear footprints from the 'History' panel in AOL Explorer (AOL browser):
1. If the History panel is not open, in AOL Browser window, select View and then History or press Ctrl + H.
2. Click the Clear My Footprints button.
3. Click the Clear Footprints button.
4. Click OK.